You can make great-looking wood bowls without turning or carving. A template and simple router accessories make it easy.
The greatest challenge to making bowls with a router is figuring out a way to make a deep enough cut to form the inside of the bowl. But the simple techniques shown in this article solve this problem and you’ll be making beautiful bowls in no time. This article shows you four bowl designs, but the variety of sizes and shapes you can make is almost endless.
SELECT YOUR PLAN PACKAGE
What You Get:
- Unlimited access to this Video Plan — a full episode of the Woodsmith Shop TV Show!
- 7 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions
- Nearly 40 full-color photos and illustrations
- Shop-tested tips and techniques ensure your success
- Retail sources for project tools and supplies
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email containing a PDF attachment of your purchased plan, as well as instructions for logging in to download the plan and access any other associated files and videos, which will all be located on this page.
Project Supplies & Hardware
Check out our Editor’s recommendations for project supplies and hardware. (We may receive commission when you use our affiliate links. However, this does not impact our recommendations.)
Since you are an affiliate, you can use this url to link people to this page and get credited for it: