Tuning Up a Block Plane
All it takes to turn your block plane into a precision tool is a simple tune-up. Here's our step-by-step approach.
A block plane should be a precision tool, but they don't always come out of the box from the manufacturer that way. In this article, the ShopNotes editors show you, step-by-step, how to tune up your block plane to get all the performance it's capable of. Your block plane will be a pleasure to use each time you reach for it.
SELECT YOUR PLAN PACKAGE
What You Get:
- Unlimited access to this Video Plan — a full episode of the Woodsmith Shop TV Show!
- 4 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions
- 20 full-color photos and illustrations
- How to tune the height adjustment, throat, blade seat and lever cap
- How to flatten the sole and sharpen the blade
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email containing a PDF attachment of your purchased plan, as well as instructions for logging in to download the plan and access any other associated files and videos, which will all be located on this page.
Since you are an affiliate, you can use this url to link people to this page and get credited for it: