Precision Miter Square
Sharpen your skills by making this custom-designed layout tool, and the etching on the blade will showcase your attention to detail.
This miter square is simple to make from a piece of brass stock and wood. The wood handle features a brass end cap to help keep nicks and dings to a minimum. And a finger groove machined on both faces of the handle ensures a solid grip. Since it isn’t that large, an attractive piece of exotic wenge makes an affordable handle. The blade and handle are held together with two-piece brass rivets. You can also use this project to try your hand at adding a decorative flair to the brass blade. This scroll design is made with an etching technique that requires just a few special “ingredients“ readily available at most craft stores or online.
What You Get:
- 6 pages of shop-tested step-by-step instructions
- 30 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Cutting diagram and materials list
- Full-size pattern for the scroll etching
- Step-by-sttep instruction on etching the blade
- Retail sources for project supplies
No metric version of this plan is currently available.
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions for logging in to download the plan.