This compact bench will fit in any shop, but that doesn’t mean it’s light on features.
In spite of its decorative appeal and small size, this bench is meant to be used hard. It’s similar to the benches you’d find in trade schools over 100 years ago. This version sticks to the classic design but takes advantage of modern materials like plywood and full-extension drawer slides. In spite of the modern touches, the traditional through-tenon joinery guarantees the bench can withstand heavy use. And the solid-wood top adds the mass and strength to stand up to any woodworking task. And it can be built using ¾"-thick material. These elements combine to provide a rock-solid bench that’s sure to last for generations.
What you get:
- 14 pages of step-by-step instructions
- 50 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Shop-tested tips and techniques ensure your success
- Retail sources for hardware and supplies
- Materials list and cutting Diagram
No metric version of this plan is currently available.
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions for logging in to download the plan.