This traditional design is as useful today as it was 200 years ago. It has all the features you need for building great projects.
This bench is designed to hold just about any size or shape of workpiece at whatever angle you need. The tail vise and accompanying dog holes can accommodate flat workpieces. The leg vise works in conjunction with a sliding board jack to hold even large boards on edge for work with a hand plane. This massive, solid-wood bench will absorb the forces of any hand-tool operation without a wobble or a shake. All in all, this bench will be an indispensable tool and provide generations of service.
What you get:
- 21 pages of step-by-step instructions
- More than 100 full-color photos and illustrations
- Retail sources for hardware and supplies
- Bonus technique article: Cutting Long Finger Joints
- Shop-tested guarantee from the editors of Woodsmith magazine
- Cutting diagram and materials list
A standard and metric version of this plan is available. Please select the version of this plan that you would like to purchase.
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions for logging in to download the plan.