Infill Smoothing Plane
Show off your craftsmanship and attention to detail with this great-looking heirloom tool.
For years, a hand plane has been the symbol of fine craftsmanship. As you can see, this isn’t an ordinary plane. The design is called an infill plane since the wood parts completely fill the steel body. It combines a compact size with a thick, heavy blade and a lot of mass to create the ultimate surface on wood. A high-performance tool like this doesn’t have to be complicated to build. You’ll find that the construction is mostly straightforward drilling and filing. Along the way, you’ll pick up a few skills in working with metal and wood and the result is a tool you can be proud of and use every day.
What you get:
- 11 pages of step-by-step instructions
- More than 30 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Full-size patterns for sides and tote
- Shop-tested tips and techniques ensure your success
- Retail sources for hardware and supplies. Materials list
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions for logging in to download the plan and access the accompanying video.