Simple construction and low-cost materials provide the surprise ending in this tale of a room reborn as a library.
Most bookcases and display shelves are placed in a room wherever they fit. In this project, however, the bookcase is the room — or at least one wall of it. The nice thing about a project like this is that it takes advantage of an enormous amount of wall space that typically goes unused. A less obvious advantage of this bookcase is how incredibly simple it is to build and install. All of the casework is built using butt joints and screws. The shelves, all of which are adjustable, rest on shelf pins that snap into metal standards. To keep the size of the project manageable, the bookcase is built in sections that are tied together as they’re installed. The finishing touches are equally simple. A bit of crown molding, a touch of trim, and a coat of paint complete the picture.
SELECT YOUR PLAN PACKAGE
What You Get:
- 28 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions including
- 100 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- 7-printable (digital) pages of tips for perfect results with crown molding
- Plans for a flush trim jig for your router
- Cutting diagram and materials list
- Retail sources for the hardware and supplies
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email containing a PDF attachment of your purchased plan, as well as instructions for logging in to download the plan and access any other associated files and videos, which will all be located on this page.
Since you are an affiliate, you can use this url to link people to this page and get credited for it: