Sliding Lid Boxes
Finger joint boxes aren't too common anymore. But they are still strong, attractive, and can be built quickly and easily.
Before plastic and cardboard, people stored and carried things in wooden boxes. The smaller of these boxes were often joined with finger joints. It's a quick joint that's easy to mass produce, and with a little glue, it's quite strong. You can build a box quickly with a table saw and a simple jig. In fact, you can build a lot of boxes quickly. We'll show you how.
SELECT YOUR PLAN PACKAGE
What You Get:
- Unlimited access to this Video Plan — a full episode of the Woodsmith Shop TV Show!
- 7 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions.
- More than 40 full-color photos and illustrations.
- A bonus article on how to build a finger joint jig.
- Shop-tested guarantee from the editors of Woodsmith and ShopNotes magazines.
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email containing a PDF attachment of your purchased plan, as well as instructions for logging in to download the plan and access any other associated files and videos, which will all be located on this page.
We don't have any links to project supplies and hardware for this particular project yet, but here are some other products that might be of interest to you. (We may receive commission when you use our affiliate links. However, this does not impact our recommendations.)
Since you are an affiliate, you can use this url to link people to this page and get credited for it: