High-Back Hall Bench
Solid frame and panel construction makes this bench as sturdy as it is attractive.
A hallway storage bench that also offers a place to hang coats is a practical and good-looking solution to entryway clutter. And this high-back bench is sure to get lots of admiring looks in any location. It's also a great project to give your shop skills a workout. Both the bench and the upper assembly use frame and panel construction with stub tenon and groove joinery. The choice of wood also contributes to the classic look. We used riftsawn oak for the frames and plywood panels. We’ve also included an option for building a simplified bench. Either way, this piece is sure to be a welcome addition to any home.
What you get:
- 15 pages of step-by-step instructions
- 70 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Includes a two-page article on stub tenon & groove joinery
- Cutting diagram and material list
- Retail sources for all project supplies
No metric version of this plan is currently available.
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions for logging in to download the plan.