Double-Duty Planer Sled
Salvage your warped boards with this no-fuss planer sled.
Unfortunately, warped boards are a challenge woodworkers encounter all too often. But if a board isn‘t warped too badly, it can be salvaged with a planer and this sled. This sled supports the board so it doesn’t flex under the pressure of the feed rollers. The board ends up with a flat face. The sled is sized to fit a 12" planer and will cradle a board up to 48" long. It has five levelers that can be positioned along the length of the board and adjusted up and down.
What you get:
- 6 pages of step-by-step instructions
- 19 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Retail sources for hardware and supplies
- Materials list, cuttng diagrams
- Shop-tested guarantee from the editors of Woodsmith magazine
No metric version of this plan is currently available.
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions for logging in to download the plan.