Card Catalog Cabinet
Over the past couple of decades, as the nation’s libraries switched to computer systems for tracking their collections, thousands of outdated card catalogs were cast aside. But many astute individuals recognized the excellent decorative (and functional) potential of these cabinets. Therein lies the inspiration for this project. Our version has genuine label-insert pulls on the drawer fronts and a simple pull-out tray for taking notes. To accommodate the storage of larger items, the outer banks of drawers are double wide. And a sturdy, straightforward stand puts it at just the right height.
What you get:
- 12 pages of shop-tested step-by-step instructions
- 80 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Detailed instructions on making the locking rabbet drawer joints
- Cutting diagram and materials list
- Retail sources for project supplies
Overall project dimensions:
36 3/8"W x 45 7/8"H x 16 1/2"D
This Woodsmith Plan is a downloadable PDF file that you save to your computer after you complete your order.