Ribbon Handle Box
This imaginative design not only makes a wonderful gift, it's also a great way to build your woodworking skills.
Building boxes is a fundamental woodworking skill. After all, the techniques used to build a box are also key to many furniture projects. And when you consider the added scrutiny a small project receives, your woodworking skills, and attention to detail, will be put to the test. In this design, the basic box is built using splined miters. The "ribbon" box features an interesting inlay and handle, and a clever technique is used for creating a lipped, fitted lid.
SELECT YOUR PLAN PACKAGE
What You Get:
- Unlimited access to this Video Plan — a full episode of the Woodsmith Shop TV Show!
- 8 printable (digital) pages of step-by-step instructions
- More than 60 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Bonus techniques on splined miters and planing thin stock
- Cutting Diagram. Materials list. Project Sources
Note: After your purchase, you will receive an email containing a PDF attachment of your purchased plan, as well as instructions for logging in to download the plan and access any other associated files and videos, which will all be located on this page.
We don't have any links to project supplies and hardware for this particular project yet, but here are some other products that might be of interest to you. (We may receive commission when you use our affiliate links. However, this does not impact our recommendations.)
Since you are an affiliate, you can use this url to link people to this page and get credited for it: