Redwood Garden Bench
Any project that sits outdoors has to withstand the elements. This bench is built from redwood, which resists decay. Instead of the usual yellow glue, a plastic resin glue was used to weather as well as (and maybe even better than) the redwood. Rust-proof brass screws fasten down the seat slats and a few other pieces. The finish used on the bench is a shop-mixed combination of spar varnish and a tung oil sealer. This combination offers the penetrating protection of an oil and the slight sheen provided by a varnish. And, with just a few modifications to the bench, you can build a matching Redwood Armchair and put together a set of furniture for your garden.
What you get:
- 14 pages of step-by-step instructions
- 60 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Article on building outdoor projects that resist the weather
- Full plans for building a matching chair
- Materials list and cutting diagram
- Retail sources for project hardware
Overall project dimensions:
33 3/8H x 23 1/4D x 59L
This Woodsmith Plan is a downloadable PDF file that you save to your computer after you complete your order.