At first glance, this pizza peel looks quite simple — just a flat, glued-up paddle with an integral handle. But take a closer look and there are a few details to work out. For one, the handle and paddle are made separately and connected by a curved, splined joint. This requires shaping these two parts to fit together seamlessly. Another challenge was figuring out a way to taper the paddle along its entire length. For this, we came up with a simple jig that allows you to do the tapering with a planer.
What you get:
- 10 pages of step-by-step instructions
- 39 full-color photos, illustrations and exploded views
- Pattern for making the curved spline joint
- Taper sled plan for the planer
- Includes 2-page template routing article
- Cutting diagram, materials list, and retail sources for project hardware
This Woodsmith Plan is a downloadable PDF file that you save to your computer after you complete your order.