Folding Miter Saw Station
A miter saw is handy for cutting long stock to length, but you need to have plenty of room on either side for the stock you're cutting. Then there's the problem of how to contain all of the sawdust that gets thrown about. The workstation you see here is designed to help with both of these problems. When extended, the folding wings are high enough to clear your workbench, router table, or other nearby worksurfaces. This means you can tuck the workstation just about anywhere along a wall. And when the wings aren't needed, they store neatly inside the cabinet. As for the issue of how to control the sawdust, most of the chips are thrown back into the overhead hood and funneled into a plastic container that's hidden underneath the workstation.
What you get
- 13 pages of step-by-step instructions
- More than 40 full-color photos and illustrations
- Tips and techniques from our shop for worry-free construction and assembly
- Retail sources for hardware and supplies
- Shop-tested guarantee from the editors of Woodsmith and ShopNotes magazines
This Woodsmith Plan is a downloadable PDF file that you save to your computer after you complete your order.